zondag 19 augustus 2012

Meet Laura from Roots & Feathers ::: interview

August has been a little bit more quiet than other months, because I made a long journey and i don't like automatic blog posts. Roots & Feathers, the large sponsor of this month - with Laura behind it - is one of my big favorites on the world wide web. Laura and me, are different in style and she inspires me a lot and i look up at her for all the things that she'd achieved. She's very sweet and always ready for a talk, even though i just met her through her own blog. I'm so so very proud for having her here on my blog and i hope that you guys will make a little click over to her corner on the internet. You won't regret it!



Shop/blog name?
Roots and Feathers. It is a place where I have welcomed my soul to do the creating. Here you will find my collection of grassroot bohemian designs. This line is inspired by earthy native elements, a traveling gypsy soul & the feeling you get while walking around barefoot at a music festival. 



Who are you? - Where do you come from?
My name is Laura Mazurek, and I live in the beautiful hillcountry in Texas with my husband and 3 pets, along with all of the native creatures in our backyard.  I enjoy creating art, being with friends, sitting in the river, stargazing, tent dates, long drives, coffee, yoga, learning about myself and growing in spirit, creating sacred spaces in my home, finding new music, and creating deep connections.  Among many other things.


What do you make/sell?
I make bohemian spirited jewelry and home accessories, including dream catchers and gypsy wall hangings, among a few other things.

When did you start your shop?
This is my second shop.  My first, Violet Bella was started many years ago.  This one was created on my mother's birthday, June 14th 2011.


Is this your only job?
Yes, this is my only job!  And I love it!

When did you realize you had this talent for making or searching up nice things?
I've been creating since I was little, and more so in school.  But really after high school I began to make art just for myself, and that is when the dream really came alive.


Where do you find your inspiration?
I find inspiration all around me.  In music, in nature, in conversations, in other artisans, in spirit, in dreams...

What is one thing you would like to accomplish that you haven't yet?
I'd love to learn how to sing, and be unafraid about it.

What are your words to live by or your favorite quote?
"Change your thoughts, Change your world"  ~ Wayne Dyer



Where do you know 'Eline S.' from?
I know Eline from being one of my lovely blog readers!






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten